Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Restaurant Yum Yum 2

Went to this place before, but just that I kinda like this place. The food is fine and the price is too. This place is forever flooded with people. I sort of blogged about this place before. You can read about it here.

Yin Yong
Yin Yong is a popular beverage from Hong Kong. It's actually a mixture of coffee and Hong Kong style milk tea. Unfortunately, I have to say this is the worst Yin Yong I've ever tried. No offence, but yeah, it's my opinion. The tea is too thin, milk is too thick. Coffee..where?


Fish Glue Soup
It's the name from the menu. But dear readers, it is actually fish maw. Fish maw or usually known as yue piu in cantonese. Hence this is the famous yue piu kang (Fish maw thick soup)
This restaurant's fish maw soup is nice. I'd say 8 out of 10. Not bad. I kinda like it.

Fish maw is it's actually the air bladder of the fish to keep it's buoyancy. It's from the fish stomach. As you can see, they put generous amount of fish maw and crab meat of course. It's sweet and just right. I compliment their stock on doing this. Worth trying.


Sweet Corn with Crab Meat Soup
I have to say it is not as nice as their fish glue soup. I think Hawaii served sweet corn soup better. The amount of crab meat is there, it's just the sweet corn, does not made the soup sweet as it should be. It tasted kinda artificial.

Green Apple Chicken Rice
If i ever remember the name correctly, that's what it should be. Green apple sauce! hah! Okay, it's the first time I saw it. Taste? Sort of like Thai-style chicken with green colourings. It taste wonderful nonetheless. Worth trying.

Garlic and Shallots Chicken Rice
Again, if my memory serves me right. The garlic and shallots are fragrant. I like it, but I'd prefer it's not that thick. Too thick for my liking. Garlic are fried to crisp.Shallots are saute till it fragrant. Shallots and garlics are best friend in the vegetable world I think.

Yang Chau Styled Fried Rice
I blogged about this earlier, but yeah, I used to enjoy this dish a lot but it's kinda a let down during this time around. It's tasteless. Yes, it's just like fried rice with egg without any seasoning, so to speak. The previous time I visited, this is very appetizing. Oh well, I think it depends on luck? Still, the prawns are still big and fresh and yes the rice is coated with the wok's 'smell'

Conclusion, again, I'd like to come back to this place again. I ordered a Herbal Chicken, but I've blogged about it and it's still the same. Rich in chinese herbs. Very appetizing. I recommend you to try. The chicken is still juicy and full of flavour. Not to mention their Avocado Juice. It's thick and sinful. It's fattening alright.

In my opinion, it's 4.5 out of 5 for this place.


3 comments:

jfook said...

Yummmsss..I love the soup as well.

Ken Wooi said...

really yum yum =)

Tsa said...

yea.. really yum yum
=D