Friday, July 2, 2010

Kedai Kopi Yu Heng

Fact : Coto Makassar is traditional food from South Sulawesi - It is a stew made from the mixture of nuts and spices with beef parts or innards (intestines, tripes, liv­ers, kid­neys, lungs) which include beef brain and tongue.

However I never tried a Coto with beef brain and tongue..

Rumor says that the best Coto Makassar is available at the Town area. Hence, we went and tried it out. Kedai Kopi Yu Heng is situated opposite to Cherry Lane Records ( which sells VCD,CD,DVD and etc.) Near to Wisma Sandakan and it is sorta directly 'under' the Town Mosque ( Just because the mosque is sorta uphill)

(Please pardon lack of photography skills and photos are not up to par yet)

Mihun Coto Makassar Special
Consist of everything you can imagine in the stomach of a cow
a.k.a beef innards (intestines, tripes, liv­ers, kid­neys, lungs)


The much hype Coto Makassar at this shop is not really what I'd expect, unfortunately, I've tried better before and to be honest, the beef tripes (ngau pak yip) is not really cleaned. Thus, this somehow disgusted me as I personally love beef tripes. Soup wise, it is so-so to me.

Overall it is edible but not really enjoyable as I see things are not being prepared hygienically. My rating? 2 out 5.

-Tsa-

4 comments:

kumfye said...

awh...the food wasn't so nice...i can feel it...i agree with ur 2/5 rating

thefye.com

Antony Lim said...

Where is this? At town?

Tsa said...

kumfye -
yea.. not nice.. but.. still edible

antonylim-
yea town.. opposite cheery.. same row as Suntos.

Anonymous said...

hello there. can u tell me where can i find better coto? in sandakan i mean. (if u still remember where)