Thursday, August 14, 2008

Equatorial Restaurant

Locals sure know this restaurant very well as its always the place where locals held their wedding dinner and sometimes catering from them. The food? Of course it's.. SUPERB I LOVE THEM! They are located at Bandar Ramai-ramai, 2nd floor. Exact location..? Will be updated when I get to know how to explain it. They even have a branch at Tanjung Aru Plaza, Kota Kinabalu.

(I don't really know the exact names of the dishes. Will update once I know the names)

Mango Chicken (?)
I'm not a mango fan. However it is said that it goes kinda well.
Underneath the chicken skin, there's a slice of mango and under it, it's the something like chicken salad and lettuce. Not bad.

Jelly fish + some-clams
This dish is so appetizing because of the taste.
It's actually an appetizer.
Recommended

Zhit Kong Kuat ( Zhit Kwong bones?)
I seriously recommend this dish. It's actually pork.
The special thing is the sauce.
The pork too is JUICY.
PERSONAL FAVOURITE

Sui Jing Ha (Crystal Prawn ?)
The only place that can make the prawn sparkling like that is none other than Equatorial Restaurant. Seriously, other places just made it looks like some Mayonaise prawn.
The prawn is juicy and it's fresh. The sauce? The chef is so great to make the thing.. SHINING and SPARKLING *kirakira*pikapika*
PERSONAL FAVOURITE

Dunno-what-fish-dish
It's abit spicy. Not that spicy. Even I can't tolerate with spicy stuff can have it.
Not bad. The fish is fresh. The meat is...firm, which is nice.

(Missing name)
By right, if eaten at the restaurant itself I think this thing is actually in a SMALL wok. And I really mean SMALL wok. It has clams, mushrooms, fish maw and etc (which I don't know the names in English) I like this thing. The taste is very nice. Very-chinese.

(Missing name Soup)
This thing is not shark-fin soup or the crabmeat soup. If not mistaken it's actually a tofu soup.
However the taste is SOOO like the fish maw thick soup. It taste LIKE the fish maw soup, but it does have it's own taste as it's NOT a fish maw soup. Not bad. I like it.

Scallop + Celery (?)
It consist of scallops and celery and some other vege and mushrooms. As like the look, it's very CLEAR. This dish is light and clear, however the TASTE is there. It is SWEET. If you want me to put it in a culinary-term. It is as clear as a consomme, but it is full of taste like a consomme too.
RECOMMENDED

Images uploaded here are food from there,but not taken in the restaurant itself cause we have it at home. Means take-away. This place is a MUST GO.

-Tsa-

No comments: