Friday, September 10, 2010

Pulut panggang

Hari Raya was around the corner and the annual Bazaar Ramadhan is up ; which is a good opportunity to grab malay delicacies!

Here I introduce you to Pulut Panggang.

Pulut panggang is a traditional malay snack made from glutinous rice flavoured with coconut milk and it is filled with coconut flesh and shrimp (it might varies, depending on the stall) and barbequed to perfection.

Tear off the banana leaf; and you get to see the glutinous rice.
(it does look like a banana in this pic, just different colour...if you get what I meant)

I never heard about chicken and beef flavour but I finally get to taste it the other day at the Bazaar Ramadhan. I was expecting it to have meat, but no, instead of meat, it is just coconut flesh in chicken curry and beef curry. Disappointed with no meat at 1st, but I'm wrong. I actually like the taste of the curry. Chicken curry and beef curry do tasted differently. That one stall offers shrimp too. Their shrimp flavour is the normal ones; the common flavour.

The shrimp filling with coconut flesh

Pulut panggang is very filling because of the glutinous rice. It is pretty cheap and it taste great! It's only 50 cent per roll/stick.Now, if you ask where do I get it, I'm not sure to be honest. There are a lot of stall selling them during the bazaar. I guess you can get it in malay markets. I never see them in malay eateries; or maybe I just missed it.

-Tsa-

No comments: